Friday, October 30, 2009

Mmmm...Rice Cereal!

Hey all! We've been fighting colds around here, so I figured I'd take the time to write another blog post! Other than fighting colds, we've been doing pretty well. We've been trying to break Carter of his swaddle...so far mostly unsuccessfully...and getting him to sleep in his own room for the last week. He is now officially in his own room and enjoying not waking up to Tyler's alarm at 3:30 am every morning! In anticipation of moving him into his own room, we finally finished up his nursery.




Our friends also lent us an exersaucer for Carter! I was going to buy him one for Christmas, so this saves me about $100!! He really enjoys it, but gets a little overwhelmed by all the toys after a while. It is a great short distraction, anyway, and I know he'll love it even more as he gets older!

We've also started Carter on solids this week! We tried feeding him some rice cereal a few weeks ago but he wouldn't have any of it, so after waiting a couple weeks we decided to try again and he's doing pretty well with it! After about 3 days he will now intermittently open his mouth for the spoon which I'm pretty excited about. At first he seemed to HATE it and made the funniest faces! We tried to catch as much on camera as possible but missed some of the best sour faces. Here's what we did get:








Another exciting thing in the life of Carter was that he rolled over from his back to his tummy for the first time today!! I put him on his playmat on his back, got in the shower, and by the time I got out he was on his tummy! I was pretty bummed that I missed it, but proud of our big boy.

1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks great! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up.

    ReplyDelete