I've been really busy the last month trying to get my heart issues under control, and it's still in progress! We found out in December that I had high cholesterol (which, may I just say, is RIDICULOUS!! I hate having the body of an 80 year old man...) At least my doc said it's not my fault...cholesterol that high at my age is 100% genetic, and the only way to treat it is by medication. Here's where it gets tricky...the best drugs are called statins, and you can't be on any statins and be pregnant. No, I'm NOT pregnant again, but I'm definitely not done having kids either, so we're looking at other options. I'm going to see a lipid specialist soon (still trying to get that appointment nailed down) and have gone to see a nutritionist. The goal for now is to lose weight through diet and exercising as much as possible, which means I also get to go to cardiac rehab! I went today for my orientation and met a bunch of old men who I get to exercise with. My nurse said I was the youngest patient she's ever had in her 20 years in this job! What can I say? Story of my life! I'm actually quite excited to start exercising as much as I can and get to go 3 times a week for the next 12 weeks! Hopefully we can figure out some sort of solution to this crazy cholesterol issue.
Our whole family has fought several colds the past month. Carter is over his ear infection but has come down with yet another cold! Tyler also got the 24 hour stomach flu recently and I've been fighting colds as well. It's annoying how often we've all gotten sick this winter! Tyler and I have both been busy with work. Tyler's work has put in some new equipment to make some changes to their ice cream, and he's been busy seeing that it's all running smoothly. I've been busy with a manuscript evaluation and watching Carter's little friend Tiernan twice a week.
Carter is continuing to grow and is getting bigger by the day. He's already in 12 month clothes! He is getting SO close to crawling but isn't crossing the threshold. He tries but just ends up going backwards somehow. He's much more mobile now, though, and we've discovered we have to keep a close eye on him or else he'll find some way to get into trouble. His most recent trick is head banging. He bounces and nods his head really hard back and forth! He's getting better at entertaining himself a little bit, too, and "talks" a ton. He's also started to spit while eating which I am NOT happy about! He used to be such a good eater but now as soon as he gets the food in his mouth he spits it all over everything, including me! I've tried saying "NO!", grabbing his hand, grabbing his face, and he doesn't seem to get it! I've even tried ignoring him, thinking he liked the attention, but nothing's working! Does anyone have any advice on what to do about this??
Anyways, here are a few pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure:
Here is Carter waving hi:
Carter trying to show off a few tricks:
Those are too cute!!! I love the videos! His waving and spitting are just adorable! I also love the picture of him in the white towel with him chewing on the towel! Oh, how I miss that little guy!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Also, don't be surprised if the tub turns into his favorite toy!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom