Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And the Family Starts to Pour In!

Sorry we've been neglecting our blog lately! The past couple of weeks we have started to get visitors coming in town to see little Carter, and are expecting many more over the next few weeks as well! My mom came into town a little over a week ago, just in time for Tyler to go back to work. We miss him while he is at work, and he misses spending time with Carter. My sister-in-law Kim also came to visit this past week. It was great having her here and being able to spend some time with her and letting her see her new nephew! Carter has been doing great! He had his 3 week pediatrician appointment last week and the doctor said he's doing fantastic! He weighed in at 7 lb 6 oz, which meant he's been growing really well. He's still only in the 10th percentile for weight, but his height is 50% and his head is 65%. I wish his head were at that percentile when he was born...instead he was at 95% and tore his mommy to pieces! But we were really excited to hear that our baby is growing right and doing really well. We can see him filling out every day...he looks so different to us than when he was born! It's crazy to think that he is already 3 1/2 weeks old. I just want him to stay little forever.

Carter has almost switched completely to formula. A little more weaning and I'll be all done with pumping, which I'm really excited about! He's done great with the switch. His system has handled formula really well and he eats it just as heartily as breast milk. He's been sleeping pretty well, too, but we've been grateful for his grandma being here and taking him in the morning so we can get some extra sleep. He's also started peeing on his mommy when she changes his diaper, but doesn't do it to anyone else! I don't think that's very fair, but I think he thinks it's funny. We love interacting with him when he's awake and watching him smile in his sleep. We are so in love with our little boy and are loving parenthood!

Here are a few pictures from a little over a week ago. We haven't been taking many recently because his grandma has been camera crazy, so I'll post some of those later when we get them.



No comments:

Post a Comment