Friday, June 19, 2009

Poor Little Guy Got Circumcised


I haven't been that good at posting lately, so figured I'd better update everyone! Carter is doing great and we are getting a little more used to parenting. Yesterday was a traumatic day for us, though. Carter got circumcised, then slept and wouldn't eat for 8 hours! That freaked me out a lot, and then when we changed his diaper a little later he had quite a bit of blood in it. We called the after-hours pediatrician and they said to bring him to the ER, so we spent the evening bringing our baby to the ER for the first time. Luckily, everything turned out fine and the bleeding stopped, but both Carter and I were quite traumatized for the day. Fortunately, Carter slept pretty well and let himself be comforted by his mommy. We also started feeding Carter a little bit of formula today, which is going well so far. Hopefully in a week or 2 we can get him completely switched over so I can go back on my heart medication. Otherwise we're just trying to function on little sleep. Tyler goes back to work next week which I'm not too excited about, but family is also starting to come into town next week so it should work out fine. We're excited to see everyone that will be coming by!

Here is a video of us unwrapping Carter. He's so funny...he stretches a ton and makes these funny expressions. This isn't the best example, but we figured someone would appreciate it.


1 comment: