Carter is doing great. He's grabbing everything now and has started actually getting interested in his toys and mobiles. He has also made good friends with the "baby in the mirror", smiling at him and touching his hand to it. It's really fun to watch!! He's also going through a phase where he won't go to sleep for naps during the day unless he's got a bottle in his mouth or sometimes when his daddy is holding him, making things pretty difficult for me. I know I should be getting him on some sort of schedule or routine by now, but he's making that a little difficult, so right now he's running the show. That's all for now, here's some recent pictures:













See the button imprint on his forehead?? He fell asleep on Tyler's chest, apparently on the button on his shirt, and had this imprint for almost an hour afterward! Poor guy...he'd just woken up when I took this, hence the half-asleep face.
Here's a video of Carter playing with his toy. He's just started getting interested in it and even bats at it with his hand. We thought it was really cute!! But we are first-time parents, and it's all exciting for us.I tried uploading 2 other videos but they wouldn't load for some reason, so this is all you get. They really weren't that interesting anyways...Carter was really excited and smiling, kicking, and talking a lot but as soon as I got the camera out he stopped. So really, you aren't missing much.
You don't need to get him on a schedule yet unless its for your own sanity. I didn't put Rachel on a schedule (You will eat at this time and sleep at this time) until she was 8 months old. When they're this young, their needs change so fast, once you figure out a schedule that works well for them, it'll change. So I wouldn't worry about it unless you really need to have a predictable nap time. Speaking of which, I hope you figure out something soon! Have you tried binkies, or a swing?
ReplyDeletegood points! i keep getting conflicting advice from people and i've never done this mommy thing before so i'm not sure what's best. but you're right, his needs change so often! as for naps, he has a swing and that works sometimes but not very often, and he will rarely take his pacee anymore. he used to sleep when he was swaddled, too, but now it just makes him mad.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! He is changing so much!!! Is he sleeping well at night? It's a shame about the swaddling and pacee no longer working. He certainly has his own personality! I love the video! He's so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom