-Elmo and Abby from Sesame Street
-Playing on Daddy's I-Pod
-Reading books with Mommy
-Cars and trucks (he points to them and says da (car) and ka (truck) the entire time we're driving anywhere)
-The lawnmower...both the real one and his toy
-His blankets, Boo Bear, and Stuffed Elmo (thanks Grandma!)
-Playing Ring-Around-The-Rosie (even by himself when I get too dizzy)
-Going to Nursery
He's also a BIG boy! We went to his 2 year doctor's appointment and he's 29 lbs (65%) and 36.5" (94%)...in other words, he's a tall kid! People are always mistaking him for an older kid...most people think he's 3 when they see him. He also got a shot and, true to the Carter we know and love, just stared at the shot when it went in (didn't flinch or cry at all), said "Owie" in a monotone voice ("I'm pretty sure that was supposed to hurt Mom?"), and got excited that he got a Band-Aid. I'm sure he'd be happy to get shots daily if he got to get a Band-Aid every day!
For his birthday we had a little backyard party and bbq. Tyler got a brand spanking new grill that he's been dying to feed people from, so he did that while the kids ran around and the rest of us enjoyed one of the few nice days we've had this year. Even though Carter had some friends over, he was pretty miserable and gave new meaning to the song lyrics, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!". He doesn't do all that well with big groups...oops! Happy birthday Carter, sorry we tortured you with a party. He didn't even want to eat his cupcake (honestly, he doesn't like sweets much unless they're fruit!). He got some cool things for his birthday, though, including a slide, a new picnic table, a tricycle, a toddler laptop, a cash register, an Elmo set (complete with the previously mentioned stuffed Elmo he is obsessed with), and a few other things. He definitely loves the loot!
Other than the big number 2, Carter's other big news is that he got accepted into speech therapy! We got him tested and his comprehension is right on target but his expressive language is just behind enough to barely qualify for therapy. The great thing is that the speech therapist will come to our house, and doing it in his natural environment will be great for him. I was also afraid he'd clam up around her (usually he's quiet around other people) but he loved her and really opened up with her. We're excited to start therapy with her in a couple weeks!
Our computer also recently got a virus. I'm pretty sure I may have lost some pictures that weren't backed up elsewhere but I've been too much of a chicken to try and find them and see which ones are lost. I'll update you on that soon...
We've also started doing a babysitting co-op with some friends. It's 3 couples, 6 kids total, and we switch off having one family watch all the kids while the other 2 get to go out. It's awesome!! So far we watched kids the first time and got to go out with the other couple on a double date the second time. Why didn't we do this sooner?? Free babysitting and dates...what more could we ask for?
Landon's doing great, too! He's our loud child (talking, screaming for fun) and has recently demanded that we pay attention to him too! He's been neglected for so long that he's finally demanding some love. He's ridiculously cute with his big round cheeks and the other day at Costco several people told us he should be in commercials he's so cute! I agree :) He's now rolling all over the place and rocking back and forth in an attempt to crawl. I was not so happy when he decided to become mobile, but I guess I can now chase 2 kids around the house. In reality, he's one happy little guy and loves exploring.
Anyways, sorry the post is long (again) but we all know how amazing I am at keeping the blog up to date. Here's some pictures and some videos at the end...make sure you scroll through to watch the 2 or 3 that I added this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment