Tuesday, July 26, 2011

4th of July

Phase 2: July 4-July 8

The 4th of July was mostly uneventful for us...being on a Monday and having such little kids, we didn't want to stay out late and go to a fireworks show. Plus, I'm a little anti-fireworks since a friend of mine had a serious accident where he lost his hand. And, now that I have kids, the noise of everyone else's fireworks all night long drives me nuts! So...we packed a picnic and went to the park! The boys had a blast going on the swings. It was Carter's first time on the swings since last year and he was in HEAVEN!! It was Landon's first time, too, and he loved it. They also had fun on the slides, teeter totter, and climbing equipment. Carter's become very independent and likes to do things on his own, even though he's still quite cautious.

I honestly can't remember the rest of that week...serves me right for procrastinating blogging! Instead I'll relate some of the things the boys are doing now:

Landon says "Mama", claps, and eats cheerios and goldfish all by himself. He's got a pretty intense gag reflex, so periodically when something gets too far back on his tongue we have a mess to clean up shortly after, but he's loving eating real solids! He's also getting REALLY close to crawling but still isn't there quite yet.

Carter is still working on his speech and has speech therapy about once a week. He's making progress, whether from the therapy or not I'm not sure. He's also basically potty training himself. I realized after several events of him peeing on me (controlled) while his diaper was off and laughing at what he'd done that he obviously had enough control to go on the potty. So we bought a Sesame Street (of course) potty seat and every time I change his diaper now he goes pee on the potty. I heard boys are supposed to be pretty hard to potty train, and in all fairness I haven't really begun actually potty training him, but he loves going pee on the potty and has a lot of control! Maybe one of these days I'll break down and do it but for now...I don't want to deal with it yet!

Ok...time for pictures. I apologize to those of you who are not interested in every single picture I take. However, the main purpose of the blog is to update family who are far away, so please bear with me!


That is one ecstatic swinger! I can't even begin to describe the joy that swinging brings this kid. He could swing all day long. It's always a fight trying to get him off! The other day he fell asleep in the car and we needed to wake him up but he just wouldn't wake up no matter what we did. Finally we said, "Carter do you want to go on the swing?" and instantly he woke up saying, "Swing? Swing?" It was hilarious. He's obsessed.











This is the teeter totter




Landon loved the slide!

Isn't his hat cute? It's got a shark on the front and a shark fin on top...I had to get it!



Everything's more fun when your brother's doing it with you :)


Carter loves hats!


Did I mention he loves hats? He walked around all day with both his hats on his head.

Landon's getting really close to pulling up!



Carter likes drinking from a cup...but it often gets ON him more than IN him.

No comments:

Post a Comment